You say your error has to do with JbtInfo.JobIn being blank and not numeric, but I don't see where your code attempts to access JbtInfo.JobIn. From what you've given, it looks like a template only.

JbtInfo is blank because you did not specify Inz on the data structure. By default the entire DS is initialized to blanks. So specifying Inz on the JbtInfo DS might help, but since I don't see where you're accessing that DS, I'm hesitant to say try that w/o understanding/seeing the actual problem.

-Kurt Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of THarteau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 1:22 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Service Program Pointers

Hi,

I made some changes, but I am not getting the data. This is my new
prototype:
D JbtPrice PR N
D JbtPriceDS LikeDS(JbtInfo)

D JbtInfo DS
D JobIn 6 0
D ItemIn 15
D DateIn 8 0
D PrcOut 15 5

This is the service program parts:
/COPY QPROSRC,PROJBT
PJbtPrice B EXPORT
D*
D JbtPrice PI N
D JbtPriceDS LikeDS(JbtInfo)
Do stuff
PJbtPrice E

This is my program:
/COPY QPROSRC,PROJBT
D RtnInd S N
D JbtPriceDS DS LikeDS(JbtInfo)
C Eval JbtPriceDS.DateIn = ShipDt
C Eval JbtPriceDS.ItemIn = Item
C Eval JbtPriceDS.JobIn = JLJBT#
C Eval JbtPriceDS.PrcOut = 0
C Eval RtnInd = JbtPrice(JbtPriceDS)
C Eval WrkPrc = JbtPriceDS.PrcOut

I am getting a data decimal error because jbtinfo.JobIn is blank. It is
correct in JbtPriceDS.JobIn.

Terri Harteau
Felker Brothers Corporation
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson