Hi Guys,

I received the following from Karl Hanson:
"
Hi Alex,

I noticed your post on the midrange list, but I'm not set up to post
anything there. Cursor names are separate entities from statement names.
That is, a cursor may be associated with a statement, but the names of each
are not related. The snippet from an example in the SQL Reference below
illustrates the different names (although that is embedded SQL, the concept
is the same). I asked an expert if there was any way to specify a
statement name via CLI, and below is his response - sounds like you are out
of luck there.

I hope this helps clarify it for you.
-Karl

Karl , there is no way that I know of to set the statement name
through CLI or ODBC. BTW, the CLI APIs allow for the setting of the
cursor name so that UPDATE/DELETE WHERE CURRENT OF statements
can be run through those interfaces. All interaction with the
statement, connection, etc is done throw a statement handle.

Embedded SQL example, showing distinct statement and cursor names:

EXEC SQL PREPARE STMT1_NAME FROM :stmt1_str;

EXEC SQL DECLARE DYN_CURSOR CURSOR FOR STMT1_NAME;

EXEC SQL OPEN DYN_CURSOR USING :hv_int, :hv_vchar64;
"

If there are any other ideas to solve this problem it would be much
appreciated.

Cheers

Alex