Michael wrote:

I've created this service program awhile ago without using the QSRVSRC, I
just told the compiler to export all. Well now, I'm adding new procedures
to the program and I was just wondering if I could now use the binding
source providing the new "current" interface and the previous and not have
to recompile the existing programs using the srvpgm? Or am I screwed since
I didn't use the binding source on the first compile? FYI, I am going to be
using binding sources for now on as now I see the benefit.

Yes, that's exactly the way to go about it. Use the system-generated
signature as your *PRV and one of your own making for *CUR.

You didn't ask but I'm volunteering anyway: For your current signature,
don't bother coming up with a unique signature. Use something boring
like the name of the service program. When it comes time to do
maintenance, don't bother adding a new *PRV block, just add the new
export at the end of the *CUR block and let it keep growing.

It's taken me 5 years to get to this conclusion but I really don't see
any utility in having a dozen *PRV blocks in my binder source.
--buck