So you are saying that DB2 will check constraints before I COMMIT to the
DB. That seems odd.

Brian May
Project Lead
Management Information Systems
Garan, Incorporated
Starkville, Mississippi

Young i Professionals
http://www.youngiprofessionals.com

Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/09/2009 09:27 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: RPG Native IO with SQL unique constraint

No it wont.

It doesn't appear that DB2 for i or DB2 9.5 for LUW support an Oracle
like deferring constraint checking.

DB2 LUW offers a SET INTEGRITY that can be used when initially loading
a table, but DB2 for i doesn't even offer this.

-Charles