To: <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 11:24 AM
Subject: TempTable not found error - SQL0204

Message . . . . : TEMPTABLE in *LIBL type *FILE not found.

This is the second time I have seen this error pop up on a SQL cursor in one of our service programs. The SQL uses a TempTable structure to create a small temporary table that is referenced in the main SQL body. The error is thrown when the open is called for the cursor.

It runs perfectly hundreds of times per day, and has for many months. But two times now, on weekends when no one is even around, it has failed. The common factor seems to be that these sessions are auto-starting as QINTER is restarted after our backup completes.

Obviously we can trap for this error and handle it, but it seems odd.

How can a run-time temp table not exist?

Dave