I usually put my set option statement right after the last global D-spec so
I can locate it easily.
Stu

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 14:31, DeLong, Eric <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you remember to add the trailing semi-colon?

/FREE
EXEC SQL
Set Option
DatFmt = *Iso,
Naming = *Sys,
Commit = *None,
UsrPrf = *User,
DynUsrPrf = *User,
CloSqlCsr = *EndMod;

-Eric DeLong

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 1:59 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Dates Higher Than 2050?

So, why can't I use SET OPTION in free-format SQL? It errors out on me
every
time. It is the first SQL statement in the source.

--
Mike Wills
Midrange Programmer/Analyst

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Hi,

the SQL precompiler creates for each host variable used in an SQL
statement
an additional variable.
For date fields the precompiler does not consider the H-Specs but adopt
the
date format either specified in the compile command or in a SET OPTION
statement.
The default date format is *JOB, which normally uses a 2 digit year.
The valid range for a 2 digit year date is between 01/01/1940 and
12/31/2039.

If you either specify date format *ISO, *USA, *EUR or *JIS in the compile
command or add a SET OPTION statement with
C/EXEC SQL Set Option DatFmt = *ISO
C/End-Exec
To your source code, the valid range for dates will be between 01/01/0001
and 31/12/9999.

When using a SET OPTION statement, keep in mind the SET OPTION Statement
must be physically the first SQL statement within your source.
And only a single SET OPTION statement is allowed.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
"What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training
them
and keeping them!"