I have been given the unenviable task of having to fix a bug in an
RPG/400 program and am getting a QRG4111 (Record Format Name defined
more than once) error.

As part of the fix I have to read from an additional logical file that
has the same record format and field names as another file in the
program. On the F-spec I have renamed the record format and have also
included I-specs that rename the fields. For example:

FF0311QZ IF E K DISK
F I0311 KRENAMEQZ0311
..
..
IQZ0311
I RPKCO QZKCO
I RPAN8 QZAN8
I RPDCT QZDCT
..

I have checked the compile listing and it shows the record format being
renamed and also the list of fields read in for format QZ0311 with their
RPxxxx names. However, the compiler generates the QRG4111 error as soon
as it hits the I-spec with the record format name defined.

There are other programs (generated by Synon) that we have which
successfully rename the fields on the record, but these don't rename the
record name at the same time.

Am I missing something here or is there a limitation on renaming fields
within a renamed record format?

Thanks

Jonathan

This message was sent using NOCC v1.14 webmail software