I've done it this very way for a long time also. We might have stolen the
idea from the same place.:-)

*
* Level Array
* This takes the fields from a screen, s1lvl1-9, and
* makes them into an array
*
D DSLvl DS
D s1lvl1
D s1lvl2
D s1lvl3
D s1lvl4
D s1lvl5
D s1lvl6
D s1lvl7
D s1lvl8
D s1lvl9
*
D Lvl LIKE(s1lvl1)
D OVERLAY(DSLvl)
D DIM(9)

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jerry Adams <Jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/26/2009 06:07 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Reading a file into a data set

Alan,

This is the way that I have done it before. The fields are not contiguous
in the record. I know I stole the idea, but can't remember from whom.

D Methods DS
D LxCigs
D LxChew
D LxSnuff