new_id Y wrote:
Thanks alot for this helpful questions , i am very fresh in as400 sorry if i ask alot I am using one free as400 server (pub1.rzkh.de).

I used that same service at one point, and I believe there are some special considerations you need to be aware of to access your job information, including spooled files. There should have been instructions that you received when you signed up for an account, make sure you read those again and follow them.

We don't mind if you ask a lot of questions. That's what this list is for. You just need to ask the questions more carefully so that we have enough information to give useful answers.

2. What job is getting the error? what you mean by this question i didnt get it

Jobs are a unit of work in i5/OS, sort of like a process in Windows, Linux or Unix. When you use option 14 in PDM to compile, it starts a new job to do the compiling, which runs in the background rather than interactively. In the error message you posted in another email, the "999515/NA123/P1" part is the job identifier. "P1" is the job name. When using 14 from PDM, this is the same name as the program by default. NA123 is your user name. 999515 is the job number, which is just a number assigned by the system to keep jobs with the same name and user separate.

You should be able to see a list of all the jobs you've submitted to try to compile the program using the command "WRKJOB JOB(NA123/P1)".