On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Mark S.
Waterbury<mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxx> wrote:

My project structure looks like this...

OPM Program calls RPGLE Program that has a named Activation Group -->
RPGLE Pgm calls modules in a service program. --> Module in Service
Program calls RPGLE Pgm with Activation *New (recursive BOM)

If I change the recursive BOM program and recompile I don't see the
changes until I reclaim activation group of the RPGLE Pgm that is in the
Named activation group.

With ACTGRP(*NEW), that program should be automatically deactivated and
the *NEW AG gets reclaimed whenever that program returns.

Note that using ACTGRP(*NEW) in this way is not currently recommended.
The performance penalty is significant.

RPG IV supports recursive procedures. Consider moving the logic from
the RPGLE program into a procedure. Basically the RPGLE program would
become simply a wrapper that provides a way to call the procedure from
the command line as in this case, an OPM program.

Of course, if you do take my advice, then you'd indeed have the
problem you think you do :)

Consider making the RPGLE wrapper ACTGRP(*NEW) so that the users just
need to exit out of the program to get the latest. version.
Otherwise, just have them sign off and back on.

Charles