I am having problems with clears being able to clear members and I
have traced the problem back to the SQL statements in a service
program.

It appears that I was not closing an SQL cursor after I was done with it.

My question with all of that is how *ENDMOD works. My understanding of
the close SQL Cursor option *ENDMOD is that at the end of the module,
ie when I return from the call to the procedure in the module, that
any SQL Cursors are closed but it does not appear that was what was
happening.

If you have not explicitly closed an SQL Cursor when you leave a
procedure with the module compiled with CLOSQLCSR(*ENDMOD) is that
cursor left open?

Is my understanding of *ENDMOD incorrect or does it work differently
for service programs? Does it mean when module is ended when the
service program is shut down.

Now the fun part is that when I run it in test I don't see the cursor
open after it returns.

Any help would be appreciated.