1) If the first condition is true, the DOWNLOAD program waits until
CRSDnld44R is finished before it fgets the next IFS record.
2) To see why CRSDnld44R has a lock on the record that CRSDnld80R is trying
to update, I would have to see the code for CRSDnld44R.

There is also a chance that CRSDnld80R, a different call to DOWNLOAD, or
some other process has the record lock, but I will take your word for it
that you determined that it is CRSDnld44R that has the record lock, and that
it is really the CRSDnld44R from the same instance of DOWNLOAD.

In a message dated 4/21/2009 8:47:07 P.M. Jerusalem Daylight Time,