Ughh... Correction inline, with some reformatting. Also I only now noticed the unstated "1." for operating against the original spool file, and "2." operating against the new\being-created spool file. I updated that QSPGETSP is the program to call to get the buffer count from the original spool file.

Note also that Rodney Johnson has made many posts over the years on the newsgroup comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc on this topic; i.e. about using the buffers instead of coding with the assumption that the whole SPLF will be able to be read.

Regards, Chuck

CRPence wrote:
Logic update suggestion, as likely resolution from what I
recall, is included inline to the original message below.

DMarien@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

We currently re-create spoolfiles using the following
logic and APIs (using chgsplf op cpysplf doesn't offer
sufficient functionality in our case):
CrtUsrSpc : Create user space in QTEMP. Call 'QUSCRTUS'
CrtSplFil : Create spooled file 2. Call 'QSPCRTSP'
OpnSplFil : Open spooled file 1. Call 'QSPOPNSP'

1. Call QSPGETSP /* to get total number of buffers */
startwithbuffer=1
Do while startWithBuffer<=totalbuffers

GetSplFil : Get data spooled file 1. Call 'QSPGETSP'
PutSplFil : Put data in spooled file 2. Call 'QSPPUTSP'

startwithbuffer=+buffersjustprocessed
endDo

CloSplFil : Close spooled file 1 & 2. Call 'QSPCLOSP'
DltUsrSpc : Delete user space in QTEMP. Call 'QUSDLTUS'
However, we are facing the following problem :
some spoolfiles are larger than 16 MB and since the APIs
are using userspaces, the re-created spoolfile only
contains the first 16MB (hence the resulting spoolfile
is incomplete). Is there an alternative for using the
userspace API's or a way to make userspaces
larger than 16 MB ??? All tips are welcome.... .