Thanks Charles,

With the amount of embedded SQL I've written over the years, I'm surprised
this didn't occur to me.
I have a x-ref to get the field suffix used in each file so this should be
fairly easy.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Any file opened by RPG, either EXTNAME or OVERDBF, must have teh same
record format as the file listed on the f-spec did when the program
was compiled.

Dynamic SQL is a better option.

d wfile s 10a
d wSQL s 100a varying
for x = 1 to %elem(pa);

wSQL = 'delete from ' + pa(x) + ' where PLCY = ' + policy;

exec SQL execute immediate wSQL;
///add standard error handling

endfor;

HTH,