Joep,

If you had 100 users, wouldn't it take more like 100 blinks?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de
J.Beckeringh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé : jeudi 26 mars 2009 14:04
À : RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Objet : RE: OPM called by program running in a named activation group

David,

When IBM started with ILE we were told that ACTGRP(*NEW)
should be avoided, because of the overhead it used.

I just changed a 'work with' program. It used to start with
an empty screen (subfile), but lazy users thought it too much
work that they had to start with page down. So now I start
with loading all appropriate records (with a maximum of 1200)
into the subfile. It also uses ACTGRP(*NEW). When I start it
from the menu, I press <enter>, blink my eye and it is there
(500 records).

I don't worry about ACTGRP(*NEW) for these kind of programs.

Joep