Tom,

We provide middleware that interfaces with the LMS system. Here are some
general thoughts on using the data queue interface:

There are up to four data queues (High priority and normal priority receive,
high priority and normal priority send) that you interface with. You need to
know which are used by the particular LMS interface, and read and write to
the correct ones. You will probably just write to the normal priority send,
and read from the normal priority receive. But check the LMS documentation.

LMS contains some good tools to analyze transactions sent and received. You
should be familiar with them.

Usually for every transaction you send to LMS, there will be an
acknowledgement. Be sure to receive this acknowledgement and handle it.

If LMS can place transactions on your system, be aware of the timing issues
with responding. You should develop to respond quickly to various LMS
transactions.

Understand how LMS will handle duplicate transactions. For example, if you
send a transaction to LMS and you don't get a response, how will you send
the transaction again so that it does not post twice?

LMS has an option to rebuild its data queues when it starts. You might want
to turn off this option. It can create havoc with your application that may
assume that a data queue exists.

Patrick

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Armbruster, Tom <