Hi,
I am just getting started with subfiles, even though I have been
programming for many years. (used Asset to create all display programs). I
wrote a couple of simple maintenance programs successfully using Kevin
Vandever's book 'Subfiles in RPG IV'. I have a more complicated subfile
to create, and I can't figure out how to do this using SETLL & READ. If
all else fails, I will use SQL with WHERE statements. I do not want to
display a list of all item classes, only those with a code in a particular
field. When I do this, it leave a blank line on the screen where the
skipped record is. The first screen is fine (displays 12 records). When I
roll, only 11 records are displayed (first skipped record). I continue to
get missing lines until only half the screen is filled. Then, when I page
down, it fills in the blank lines before going to the next screen. I know
there must be a way to do this, but I have not been able to find it. Here
is the subfile and the associated code. Any help will be appreciated.

A DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
A* CHGINPDFT(UL FE)
A ERRSFL
A PRINT
A ALTHELP(CA01)
A HELP(60 'Help Text')
A CA03(03 'Exit')
A CA12(12 'Cancel')
A* Item Class List
A R SFL1 SFL
A*
A 74 SFLNXTCHG
A OPTION 1A B 10 3VALUES(' ' '1')
A ICLAS 2 O 10 6
A ICDES 30A O 10 10
A*******************************************************************
A*
A R SF1CTL SFLCTL(SFL1)
A*
A CF06
A SFLSIZ(0013)
A SFLPAG(0012)
A ROLLUP
A OVERLAY
A N32 SFLDSP
A N31 SFLDSPCTL
A 31 SFLCLR
A 90 SFLEND(*MORE)
A RRN1 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR
A 1 2'HTC215'
A 1 24'Maintain MTR Class/Tests'
A DSPATR(HI UL)
A 1 71DATE
A EDTCDE(Y)
A 2 71TIME
A 4 2'Position to Item Class . . .'
A PTCLS 2 B 4 32
A 6 2'Type Options, Press Enter.'
A COLOR(BLU)
A 7 4'1=Select'
A COLOR(BLU)
A 9 2'Opt'
A DSPATR(HI)
A 9 6'Cls'
A DSPATR(HI)
A 9 12'Description'
A DSPATR(HI)

C*****************************************************************
C* Clear the item class subfile (1).
C*****************************************************************
C ClrSf1 BEGSR
C*
C EVAL Rrn1 = 0
C EVAL LstRr1 = 0
C EVAL *IN31 = *on
C WRITE Sf1Ctl
C EVAL *IN31 = *OFF
C EVAL *IN32 = *OFF
C*
C ENDSR
C*
C*****************************************************************
C* Build the list of item classes.
C*****************************************************************
C SflBld1 BEGSR
C*
C EVAL Rrn1 = LstRr1
C DO SflPag
C READ ICXL01
90
C IF *IN90
C LEAVE
C ENDIF
C*
C IF CXSPF = *blanks
C ITER
C ELSE
C CXCLAS CHAIN IICL01
C EVAL Rrn1 = Rrn1 + 1
C EVAL Option = *blank
C WRITE Sfl1
C ENDIF
C ENDDO
C*
C IF Rrn1 = 0
C EVAL *IN32 = *on
C ENDIF
C*
C EVAL LstRr1 = Rrn1
C*
C ENDSR
C*

Terri Harteau
Felker Brothers Corporation
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson