Duane,

If you're talking about subprocedures in the main source member, why don't
you just specify the owning program name (from the PSDS) as the
CallStackEntry (parameter 6) and 0 as the CallStackQualification (parameter
7) in the call to QMHSNDPM? I have all my display files set up with the
default 10-byte SFLPGMQ and it works fine.

I've never understood why this is a problem for anyone, nor why anyone would
ever want to use the long SFLPGMQ value...

DDS:

*================================================================
* MSGRCD: Message subfile record
*================================================================
A R MSGRCD TEXT('Program messages')
A SFL SFLMSGRCD(24)
A MSGKEY SFLMSGKEY
A PGMNAM SFLPGMQ
*================================================================
* MSGCTL: Message subfile control
*================================================================
A R MSGCTL TEXT('Program messages')
A SFLCTL(MSGRCD)
A SFLPAG(01) SFLSIZ(03)
A OVERLAY
A SFLINZ SFLDSP SFLDSPCTL
A 25
AON25 SFLEND
A PGMNAM SFLPGMQ

RPG:

/free

PGMNAM = PgmSDS.OwningPgm; // Pos 334-343 in PSDS

reset QUSEC;
qmhsndpm( MsgID : qMsgf : MsgDta : %len( MsgDta ) :
MsgType : PGMNAM : 0 : MsgKey : QUSEC );

/end-free

Rory

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Christen, Duane J. <