The Data Structure Seems to work great. I would never have thought of that.

Thanks All

Bob B

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM, <Asher613Smith@xxxxxxx> wrote:

If more than one char is non-blank, the trimmed length of the four together
will be > 1.
e.g "YbbN' or "bNYb" (where b = blank)

So, try this:

D CharFieldsDS DS
D Field1 1 A
D Field2 1 A
D Field3 1 A
D Field4 1 A
D AllFields 1 4 A
(This overlays the four fields)

// free
if %Len( %Trim( AllFields ) ) > 1 ;
// your error handler goes here
endf ;
// end-free

Good Luck

In a message dated 1/9/2009 1:57:18 A.M. Jerusalem Standard Time,