From: Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 05:51:46
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Java error in XLPARSER4 while reading a formula field

This implies that it can't find the xlparse.jar file, either. I thought
you said that this part was working, already?

Chamara Withanachchi wrote:
Dear Scott,

Additional Message
Information

Message ID . . . . . . : RNX0301 Severity . . . . . . . :
50
Message type . . . . . :
Escape
Date sent . . . . . . : 07/01/09 Time sent . . . . . . :
14:40:49

Message . . . . : Java exception received when calling Java
method.
Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure XLPARSE_WO in program
CHAMARA/XLPARSER4
received Java exception
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/iseriesnetwork/clubtech/xlparse/ParseSheet" when calling method
"parse"
with signature "([B[B[B)V" in
class

"com.iseriesnetwork.clubtech.xlparse.ParseSheet".

Recovery . . . : Contact the person responsible for program maintenance
determine the cause of the
problem.
Technical description . . . . . . . . : If the exception indicates that
the
Java class was not found, ensure the class for the method is in the
class
path. If the exception indicates that the Java method was not found,
check
the method name and signature. If the signature is not correct, change
the RPG prototype for the method, or change the Java method, so that the
return
type and parameter types match. You can determine the signatures for all the
methods in class XYZ using command QSH CMD('javap -s XYZ').

--
Regards,

Chamara Withanachchi
Owner of www.rpgiv.info