From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chamara Withanachchi
Sent: vrijdag 26 december 2008 12:43
To: RPG Programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Ifs file locking

Hi Scott,

My case is like this we have a common folder in ifs and it contain one
txt file and all our system I user can placing one file to it with
contains some txn from pc based software. We are accessing that file
from rpg program and writing then to our db2 files in iseries.

Since lot of users doing this what I want is to lock that particular txt
file while my rpg program is running.

Hope u got my case. And do u know any solutions for this.

Please note that the txt file is having same name for all users. Users
are trained to put txt file by using iseries navigator.

Regards,

Chamara Withanachchi
Owner of www.rpgiv.info

WWW.RPGIV.INFO
Mob: +971 50 5698644
Tel: +971 6 5595887
chamaraw@xxxxxxxxxx
www.rpgiv.info

Sent from my BlackBerry(r) wireless device