Hi Scott

Just a quick reading of the manual led me down a yellow brick road - there was a chart saying these were the formats to use with MOVE and MOVEL and TEST - they were not listed, as I remember, in the charts for the other opcodes and BIFs

Hey, some days my best is none too good - but I try!

And I decided not to retract my statement after seeing Booth's, thought he'd covered it for us all.

Happy Holidays
Vern

Scott Klement wrote:
Hi Vern,

If you are going for CYYMMDD, you might have to use the MOVE op-code, at least at V5R4 with *CYMD in factor 1.

Sorry... why would you have to use MOVE? I mean, all of the date operations support the same date formats... so if MOVE supports it, the more modern tools do as well.

MyVar = %char(%date() :*cymd0);

The only requirement is V5R1... (required for any free format).

The *CYMD format was added in V3R2. (V3R1 supported dates, but didn't support the *CYMD format.)