I was just in the process of downloading it, so thanks! The Infocenter, ranted about on another thread, is just worthless this morning.
Pete

Vern Hamberg wrote:
Pete

The manual that will tell you about host variables is not the SQL Reference, it is the Embedded SQL Programming manual - that is the title at V5R4 - man, I hate having to worry about titles at different releases!!! A rose by any other name - sheesh! It's rant day for me, I guess.

Anyhow, here is a paragraph that might help -

"If an error stating that a host variable is not defined or not usable is issued, look at the cross-reference in the precompiler listing to see how the precompiler defined the variable. To generate a cross-reference in the listing, run the precompile command with *XREF specified on the OPTIONS parameter."

That is in a section called "Using host variables in ILE RPG applications that use SQL"

You should probably also look at the V6R1 equivalent, then combine the rules!!

HTH
Vern

Pete Helgren wrote:
Even if none were ever used before? That is, is the Set Option now a required entry in an SQLRPGLE program? I usually set the options at compile time.

Pete

Helge Bichel wrote:
The SQL Set Option has to appear first in the source when on V5R4.

exec Sql Set Option Commit = *NONE, CloSQLCsr = *ENDMOD;
Brgds
Helge