Now, i'm maintaining loan system for banking that using sets of rule
from central bank.
There is a lot parameter to calculate amortization schedule, like
rate (efectif,flat),
balance for accrual (original, current, anniversary,amortized),
Year base code (30/360,30/365,Actual/360,Actual/365),
Frequency(mont,year), grace periode,etc.

i suggest you to read :
http://as.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470042907.html