Hi,

You might take a look at the archives way back in 2005:

"Ldap search - operations error"

I always got an "operations error" in my LDAP-routine
(and in fact I still do).

Only, as I mentioned in the last post at that time:

<quote>
rather stupid :

Instead of quitting the routine on the 'Operations Error' of the
ldap_search_st API,
I just ignored the error and let the procedure continue ...

and the bloody thing works without a problem .
</quote>

We ignore the API-error,
And all our searches give just what they have to ...

Hth
Luc

date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 6:45:26 -0800
from: <dblucas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Active Directory accessed via RPG Issue.

I have read all of the posts using the LDAP C module from Scott. (RPG)
The code worked great against an LDAP Server (Anonymously only)

Now going against a true Active Directory it fails. (Operations error)

I have the correct BaseDN. I have used an LDAP Browser successfully.
Using the same credentials in RPG I fails in the bind. (synchronous)

I have performed 10 different decorations for the username
and each fails....

I did read it may have something to do with order sensitive
authentication.

I have tried many things and so far it has fails.

Any luck for anyone...

Thanks

DBL
dblucas@xxxxxxxxxxx