From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David FOXWELL
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:44 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: DS Array

Hi,

I've been playing with a DS defined with DIM as opposed to OCCURS for the first time.

I noticed while debugging that if I type EVAL MyDS I see all the elements from 1 to the last. As it happens I have 10 elements. But I can type EVAL MyDS(0) or EVAL MyDS(100000) or any other number as the element number. I suppose thes elements are also available to the program, so whats the point of stating DIM(10) on my DS specs and controlling that I don't try and put more than 10 rows in it?

What's happening?

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message