Fred, if your already having the iSeries convert the spool file to PDF why not just save the PDF file to the IFS and skip the e-mail part? If you're using Infoprint server I think it can save to the IFS instead of send an e-mail

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fred Horvat
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:52 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: How to automate the receipt of an e-mail and detach an attachmentto a folder in the IFS?

Well you can do this from Windows with Outlook and a piece of software from
Sperry Software. http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/default.asp

Map your IFS to your PC.
When receiving specific E-mails configured via rules all attachments will go
to the desired folder in this case to the IFS.

I use this software to archive Nightly G/L Reports. I setup a program on
the iSeries to read through certain OUTQs and E-mail me the reports as PDF
files. When I receive these PDFs E-mail I have them go to a specific
folder. I also have the rule setup once they are moved to the desired place
to delete the E-mail in Outlook.

May not be exactly what you are looking for but it works great for me.