Booth

<verndor response>
If you are open to a commercial offering, our POP/400 product can do just what you want - attachments can go either to a PF member or to an IFS file, as I recall. Check it out at www.rjssoftware.com or call toll-free at 888.RJS.SOFT
</verndor response>

Regards
Vern

Booth Martin wrote:
We're trying to eat our own cooking.
This is looking promising:

http://www.easy400.net/mmail/amailer/tutorial/appendixb.htm

David Wright wrote:
If you want to do 100% on the i, then the 'automate the receipt of an email'
bit should be doable using the POP server built into i5/OS. The trick would
be determining exactly where received email is stored (and how the
attachments are stored).

If you are open to letting this whole process happen outside the i, and if
you run Exchange, then you could use an Agent on an Exchange mailbox to save
the attachment to an IFS share. I have done this before and could probably
dig up the Agent script.
Let me know,
Dave
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Scott Klement