Booth,

That's a very workable solution. I've used it in the past back in my 38
days.

Bill

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was showing the problem in as simple a way as I could think, but in
fact the real problem has 16 files referenced to get the subfile data,
and some of the subfile fields are calculated fields.

It might work to create a new work file though, and build logicals over
the workfile. That bears thinking about. Thanks.

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Booth,

I have created similar programs, and I use a differenct LF for each type
of sort, not arrays. It is much easier and cleaner this way, I think.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/22/2008 09:34 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Sorting arrays

I'd enjoy following a discussion about sorting related arrays. I have
already solved the problem I am about to present, but as I look at my
solution it occurs to me that I am embarrassed to show my solution to
knowledgeable people. There _has_ to be a better way.

Here's the sceanrio: To display a multi-column load-all subfile and
have each column heading clickable. The click would determine which
column is sorted. A second click on a clicked column would sort the
column in the other direction.

There are images of this at

http://www.martinvt.com/Code_Samples/SFL_Sort/sfl_sort.html

The code is also there. It works. But gads, its awful code.

So, lets define the problem a bit more? A load-all subfile with 5
columns of data How would one define the needed array(s), data
structure(s), or whatever(s) so that they can be sorted up or down by a
selected column?

10/18/2008 6:01 PM