From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of GUY_HENZA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: maandag 20 oktober 2008 13:04
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: More than 99 indicators needed

I believe the answer is in-between your two points of view. Using
the
first two indicators you can get;
*OFF *OFF = A
*OFF *ON = B
*ON *ON = C
*ON *OFF = D
Using the third position for indicators 3-99 there would be 96 A's,
96
B's, 96 C's and 96 D's that could be controlled *ON or OFF = 384
fields.

Regards,

Guy

Inactive hide details for "DeLong, Eric"
<EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"DeLong,
Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"DeLong, Eric" To: "RPG programming on
the
<EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> AS400 / iSeries"
Sent by: <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx cc:
Subject: RE: More than 99
10/17/2008 04:39 PM indicators needed
Please respond to RPG
programming on the AS400 /
iSeries

Mel,

You give up the ability to control all fields concurrently. If
each
field were written individually, then your premise is correct.

Eric DeLong