From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:52 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: More than 99 indicators needed

I've done this without using the p-fields for RPG II panels, since they
have no concept of such: Create a field with an extra byte in the
front. By setting the hex value and moving it into that first byte, you
can set the special conditions, such as underlining, colors, etc. Might
work for printer files, but I've never tried it there. Might have to
have a byte at the end to reset the hex value, otherwise once the
underline hex value was set, for example, it might keep underlining the
fields that follow. I know that I had to add a "stop" byte at the end
of the display fields.

Again, I've never tried this for printer files, but it might be possible
to just have separate "indicator" and "stop" bytes on the printer
definition since, unlike display files, one isn't required to have a
space between fields. And I'm not even sure if the hex codes that apply
to the 5250 datastream would work for printers, nor where to find out
what they might be. Even if it's possible, it seems like a lot of work.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale
office: 615-995-7024