Birgitta,

iDate(b.indate,char('*YMD'))
gives me the same error and so does;
iDate(b.indate,Cast('*YMD' as CHAR(20)))

Thank you, any other thoughts?

Guy

Inactive hide details for "Birgitta Hauser"
<Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"Birgitta Hauser" <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Birgitta Hauser" To: "'RPG programming on the
<Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> AS400 / iSeries'"
Sent by: <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx cc:
Subject: AW: SQLRPGLE question
10/14/2008 03:09 PM
Please respond to RPG
programming on the AS400 /
iSeries

Hi,

With which data types are the parameters of the function iDate defined?
I assume the second parameter is defined as CHAR?

You call your procedure with a constant value in parameter2. Character
constant values are interpreted as VARCHAR.
For SQL CHAR and VARCHAR are different data types. Because UDFs can be
overloaded, your function may not be found, because it is searched for a
function with a VARCHAR parameter.

Try to explicitly cast the second parameter:
Cast('MyConstValue' as CHAR(20)) or Char('MyConstValue')

Mit freundlichen Gru:ssen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"

-----Urspru:ngliche Nachricht-----