I have a trigger program to log any changes in a file. Here is snippit:

D OldRecord E DS ExtName(filea)

D Prefix(O_)

D Based(OldRecPtr)

D NewRecord E DS ExtName(filea)

D Prefix(N_)

D Based(NewRecPtr)

if n_name <> o_name;

writediff('name':o_name);

endif;

if n_salut <> o_SALUT ;

writediff('Salutation' : o_SALUT );

endif;

I repeat this logic for each field in the file. If I have a file with many
fields, it can be quite tedious.

I was wondering if this could be done a different way so that as I add more
files to this logging process, all I would have to do is change a file name
or something. I was thinking it would have something to do with pointer
logic, but not sure where to start.

Thanks.