Von: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Schmidt, Mihael
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. August 2008 22:06
An: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Betreff: AW: Help - RPG Next Gen Editor

That seems one thing most people seem confused about and it will be better documented in the future (at some point =) ).

If you want to make a connection some things on the wizard page are optional and some ain't.

- you have to give the connection a name
- you have to pass either an IP or a hostname
- you don't have to fill in a username or password (then you will be asked for it on connecting, wdsc alike)
- you can put in a username and password (the password will be encrypted an you'll be asked where to store the key (not the password), you'll be asked where the key for decryption is stored on connecting)
- you can put in a username, password and tell it to store the key at a fixed place (this is the most convenient way because you'll just click connect and it will do so without asking anything as long as the key is in place)

I hope that explains it a little bit.

Thanx

Mihael