Charles,

I pretty much always go with integer rather than unsigned. I figure it's
more likely that a number could be negative than bigger than an signed
integer.

Obviously in this case, the offsets would never be negative, but it's *
conceivable* that the CCSID might hold -1 meaning *JOB or *SYSTEM (as it
does in calls to some other API's).

If in doubt, I try to find the C definition and see what that says, since it
tends to be more accurate (or at least more documented).

Rory