From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 3:01 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Puzzling SQL Statement

I am working on figuring out a fix for a bug that came up after I added a
feature the user requested. I don't want duplicate invoices listed, but they
now are. This is the problem SQL statement.

SELECT DISTINCT INVOICE_NUMBER, CUSTOMER_NUMBER, CUSTOMER_NAME,
INVOICE_DATE, INVOICE_AMOUNT, FUND, DEPARTMENT, ACCOUNT, PROJECT, JOB FROM
INVOICEDETAIL ORDER BY FUND, DEPARTMENT, ACCOUNT, PROJECT, JOB

I know the problem and why the problem is there (the FUND, DEPARTMENT,
ACCOUNT, PROJECT, JOB is the account number for the item), but my question
is how can I fix it? I can't remove those fields from the select because
then the ORDER BY doesn't work. Any ideas on how I can pull this query off?