Hi Terry,

I was just trying to help, sorry I may have confused the issue for everyone
else.

Honestly, I was responding to Raul -- I hadn't even read your message at the time I posted that.

If you have data in your file that looks like this '-4' then that data is actually text data, and %dec() is the right tool.

If you have data in your file that looks like this, however "00000000M", then the data is really zoned decimal, not text data, and therefore %dec() is not the right tool.

It sounds like you, Terry, are using the right tool for your environment. So, good job!