From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:20 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Trigger programme without a trigger.

Lim Hock-Chai wrote:
Yes, trigger should run under the same commitment definition as the
caller program. That is a given. The problem is what if you need the

trigger to do a task that cannot run under commitment control? For
example, send an email under certain condition, submit a job under
certain condition...

What task can't run under commitment control? (IMO) Sending an email or
submitting a job doesn't seem to have any relation to whether or not
commitment control is active.

david

--
IBM System i - For when you can't afford to be out of business