From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:33 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: HSSF Excel and RPG

Hi Sharon,

What path name are you passing to the hssf_open() proc? In the original

UPDDEMO code you downloaded, it should look like this:

book = hssf_open('/tmp/xldemo3.0.1.xls');

If I take your e-mail literally, it would appear that you've removed the

/tmp, and appended a line feed character to the start of the object
name. But, that extra line feed might be coming from your e-mail
software rather than the actual message, it's hard to tell.

At any rate, your error message doesn't list a path name. So assuming
that the extra line feed came from your e-mail client, I can only guess
that you're looking for the XLS file in your CURDIR. Is that true?

When you say "I know the file is there, I can see it" are you also using

your CURDIR to find it? (Are you even looking for it in the same job?)

You also say that Excel can find it, which makes no sense whatsoever to
me. You can't run Excel on i. So when you're opening it from Excel,
you must be using a totally different access method... therefore, it's
not a very good test :)

Wintermute, Sharon wrote:

I have just started to use Scott Klement's RPG AND Excel routines and
seem to be having a problem.

I can get the HDRDEMO to work. It creates a brand new xls file and
writes it where I expect it to.

I can't seem to get the UPDDEMO to work.

Java exception "java.io.FileNotFoundException: No such path or
directory.

xldemo3.0.1.xls" when calling method "<init>" with signature

I know the file is there, I can see it. I can open it with Excel. I
just can't get the RPG to open it.