Scott Klement wrote:
Maybe someone like Barbara or Bruce who knows the internals could shed some light?

I don't actually know the internals of CEETSTA; that's lower level than the RPG compiler.

I've been assuming that Blair's scenario was non-passed parameters. Blair, am I right, or were you getting incorrect results for omitted parameters, where you passed *OMIT or a null pointer for some of the parameters? If you are passing all the parameters, I can't guess why %addr would sometimes tell you that a parameter was passed when it wasn't passed.

If you are not passing all the parameters, see my earlier post that proves (to me at least) that CEETSTA can't detect unpassed parameters (and it's not supposed to detect unpassed parameters; it only detects omitted parameters). Unfortunately, my one example of CEETSTA not working beats all your experience of CEETSTA working. It's pretty much impossible to prove that something _can't_ happen, but it only needs a single example to prove that it _can_ happen.