Take the Binary data type off the display file. It should be zoned numeric not binary.

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of SHAILESH JADHAV
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:15 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: QRG4112

Hello All
Please help me out here, I am trying to create a RPG subfile, I have
created PF & DSPFIL for successful but during RPG program compilation
I am getting error QRG4112 (Field-Name previously defined with different length. Specification line ignored.) with severity 30.

In compiler listing, I made out (Please rectify, If I am wrong) that this is due to
length discrepancy for field CUSNO between PF & DSPFIL as follows
Compiler Listing
RECORD FORMAT(S): LIBRARY OFFSHORE FILE SFD001.
EXTERNAL FORMAT SFD001A RPG NAME SFD001A
EXTERNAL FORMAT SFD001B RPG NAME SFD001B
EXTERNAL FORMAT TRAILER RPG NAME TRAILER
INPUT FIELDS FOR RECORD RCUST FILE CUSTOMER FORMAT RCUST.
P 1 30CUSNO
4 33 CUSNM
34 63 CUSAD
64 93 CUSCT
94 95 CUSST
96 104 CUSCP
P 105 1100CUSPH
INPUT FIELDS FOR RECORD SFD001A FILE SFD001 FORMAT SFD001A.
1 1 *IN03
B 2 60CUSNO
7 36 CUSNM
INPUT FIELDS FOR RECORD SFD001B FILE SFD001 FORMAT SFD001B.

But if PF I defined it for length 5 with PACK datatype but in DSPF , it is converted to Binary data type, Thus error encountered,

Please any one help to sort out this error Pack to Binary

Thanks in anticipation