Uummm. Strange. Why is my one telling me the record number.

Rob: Do you know if there is a threshold that system base on before it
write over the deleted record?

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:22 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: CPF5009 - Duplicate record key in member

Ok. I'll try the REUSEDLT
DROP TABLE ROB.LIM

CREATE TABLE ROB.LIM (MYKEY CHAR ( 1) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT, PRIMARY KEY
(MYKEY)) RCDFMT LIMR Table LIM created in ROB.

DSPFD ROB/LIM
Reuse deleted records . . . . . . . . . . . : REUSEDLT *YES

INSERT INTO ROB.LIM VALUES('A')
1 rows inserted in LIM in ROB.

delete from rob.lim
1 rows deleted from LIM in ROB.

DSPFD ROB/LIM
Total deleted records . . . . . . . . . . : 1

call limrpgle
Message ID . . . . . . : CPF5009 Severity . . . . . . . : 10
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 01/24/08 Time sent . . . . . . :
15:18:06

Message . . . . : Duplicate record key in member LIM.
Cause . . . . . : The output or update operation to member number 1
record
number 0 format LIMR, for member LIM file LIM in library ROB, failed.
Member
number 1 record number 1 format LIMR has the same record key as member

number 1 record number 0 format LIMR. If the record number is zero,
the

duplicate record key occurred on an output operation.
Recovery . . . : Change either record key so that the keys are
unique.

Then try your request again.

D for dump
Statement Number . . . . . . . . . . . : 00000007
5 MyKey='A';
6 write limr;
7 write limr;
8 *inlr=*on;
9 return;
10 /end-free

Therefore it is NOT the reuse deleted records.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Lim Hock-Chai" <Lim.Hock-Chai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/24/2008 03:01 PM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: CPF5009 - Duplicate record key in member

Yes. It is a WRITE statement. I think it is related to file has
"REUSEDLT" of *yes. I just want to make sure my assumption is correct.