From: Don Wereschuk

I apologies to the list for taking up some of their time on something that
seems so stupid to the rest of you and be assured that I won't bother the
list again with such trivial matters.

Don, I've sworn off of commenting on "opinion" issues on this list,
specifically because some of the comments here are very condescending in
nature. But I'm going to bend that particular rule for a moment here.

Rest assured that, with a few exceptions, this list is populated by friendly
people who are immune to the sorts of behavior that are so prevalent in
other forums (trust me, there are places where newbies get fried alive
<grin>). Don't let a few intemperate phrases knock you off the list.

Lists can be a little tricky to deal with. The lack of body language in
email tends to make thing less personal, and that is magnified by the fact
that in my opinion people act in ways here that we wouldn't normally act in
public, if only because we'd probably get popped in the nose in the real
world. In fact, even though my less than civil comments were directed
towards folks on the list with many posts and strong opinions (and so were
"justified" <grin>), in truth they really weren't the kind of things I
really would like to say to someone (thus my "sabbatical" on opinion
threads).

So anyway, all I'm trying to say is not to take the negative comments too
seriously, especially since some of the gruffer folks on the list have the
best information. I'm not sure if being a good programmer and a lack of
social skills go hand in hand (my wife might have some insights on that
particular question <grin>), but I think your questions were great and I
enjoyed watching the technical information in the thread.

Joe