I'm calling a stored procedure that is processing
parameter values as XML documents. My issue is that one of the
documents passed in needs to allow for a great deal of data. While
testing in the interactive environment, I could pass it as a native
varying length value. From SQL, however, the maximum length is too
large for varchar, so I had to change the underlying RPGLE program to
accept CLOB values. Herein lays the problem.

When I pass the values as CLOB to the xml parser via xml-into, I'm
receiving xml parser errors. If I convert the CLOB values to native
varying length strings, the strings include extra characters at the
beginning which also cause parser problems.

Besides removing functionality by reducing the maximum length of the
data passed, does anyone have any suggestions on how to successfully
parse the CLOB data?

Tom Armbruster