Aaron Bartell wrote:
If you trying to see the values from debug, you don't reference any
variables from that file in your program, so the values will not get
populated.

Ha! YOU WIN! Crazy. I added a simple AP.UID=AP.UID in the DOW loop (so I
had a reference to a field in that file) and now I can see it loading just
fine in debug (WSDC). This is why the parent files loaded just fine because
I was using their key fields to prime the setll and reade's.

You can code DEBUG(*INPUT) in your H spec to get the fields loaded. (Or DEBUG(*YES) prior to V5R4.)

See "Unexpected Results When Evaluating Variables" in the debug section of the ILE RPG Programmer's Guide.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/books_web/c0925076217.htm#Header_280