Rob

In general, I agree with you. The instance I refer to is one where there is no reason at all to take a more detailed approach. If the data cannot be converted for whatever reason, the item in question is diverted to a kind of routing inbox - for someone to examine and process. And that is an adequate process for the customer for whom I wrote the program - not one of our products, but an exit from one of our apps.

You mention vendor changes - as it is our product against which I am writing this, that's covered. But you make a great point about processes less limited in scope.

But in general, you are spot on.

Hope that clears up my thinking!
Vern