This is not a RPG question it's more of a midrange question...

The best estimate is how long it took last time. Without knowing your
%used, a SWAG would be 2-4 hours +/- a day or two...

Regards,

Guy

"Johan
Vangilbergen" To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<jvg@xxxxxxx> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Reclaim storage - time estimation
rpg400-l-bounces@m
idrange.com

11/30/2007 07:33
AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on
the AS400 /
iSeries

Hi,

We have a client using a 3-year-old model 810 (V5R2M0) with 316 Gb disks
and 3Gb memory. The last IPL on this machine was over a year ago and a
reclaim storage has never been done till now.

Now I'm going to load the latest PTF Cumpack and I was thinking this
might be a good time to do a Reclaim Storage (RCLSTG), however I'm a bit
concerned about my time-frame. Can anyone give me an estimation of how
long a RCLSTG (might) take ?

Johan Vangilbergen

YUSE

Phone : +32 16 74 50 80

Fax : +32 16 74 50 89

Email : jvg@xxxxxxx <mailto:jvg@xxxxxxx>

Web : WWW.Yuse.be <http://www.Yuse.be>

Address : Bondgenotenlaan 138, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium