This is about as useful as eating soup with a fork :)
This is the text of the error message :

Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log

Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and
Settings\KuniP\Desktop\MetCashTest.xls'
The following is a list of repairs:

Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible.
Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may
have been lost or corrupted.

Prevesh Kuni
RPG Developer
Smollan Group SA (Pty) Ltd
(011) 640 8154
kunip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pete@xxxxxxxxxx 2007/11/27 05:27:36 PM >>>
Hmmm. As an Open Office user, I don't use MS Office very much any more

although I have a copy of MSO 2003 and many files saved with previous
versions of Excel and I was able to open all of them without an issue.

I didn't see your error message. If it was a graphic it was "sanitized"

out of the email. Do you know what the text of the error message is?

You either have something that is badly formatted and ignored by MSO
2000 or have not installed something in MSO 2003 that allows you to
open
spreadsheets from earlier versions of MSO (unlikely). Perhaps with the

message text we could get closer to a solution.

Pete

Prevesh Kuni wrote:
Yes it does open in Office 2000:
The Spreadsheet is saved to the IFS as a .xls, now as an example - we
have two PC's - one with Office 2000 and another with Office 2003, if I
open the same document on the PC with Office 2000 it opens fine with all
of the formulas, printing setup and such, however if I open the document
on the PC with Office 2003 this is the error I receive....

Clicking on yes open the spreadsheet but without all of the formulas
and printing setups that I added?

Pete@xxxxxxxxxx 2007/11/26 04:26 PM >>>

Does it open in Office 2000? I would guess not. Office 2003 should
automatically open a spreadsheet created for an earlier version of
Office. It might prompt you to save it in a different format but I
think MSO 2003 can open any Office document from earlier versions. I

don't recall having to install a "compatibility" component to make
that
happen.

Pete Helgren

Prevesh Kuni wrote:

Hi guys,

I have just written an RPGLE to write to Excel using the HSSF
(Thanks
Scott) - but is this only compatible with Office 2000 because since
installing Office 2003 the Spreadsheet is opening with an error of
unreadable content?

Thanks

Prevesh Kuni
RPG Developer