Hi David,

In response to your message, I tried downloading and installing that code. (I actually tried it right after the article was written, perhaps a year ago, but that was before it got packaged this way.)

When I restored PATTERNB.SAVF, I found that the sample.conf file was set to *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE authority, but QDFTOWN had full authority to it. (Actually it should be the user 'TUOHYP' who has full authority, but since I don't have that user on my system, it fell back to QDFTOWN)

Anyway, to fix the problem I used an *ALLOBJ account to grant *RWX authority to the file.

You can workaround the problem by NOT restoring the save file (too late, for that, I guess) and downloading the 3 files in the pattern directory individually, since they're just simple PC-style files you can copy to the IFS easily... that way you don't have to worry about the authorities in the save file.)

David Foxwell wrote:
Hi has anyone tried downloading the code from
http://www.systeminetwork.com/code/index.cfm?fuseaction=DownloadFile&type=zip&yyyy=2007&file=p2007_10.zip
?

After restoring the patternb.savf I have a sample.conf in the
directory pattern that I can neither view or delete.