We WERE doing it but we changed mind and switched to full SQL functions
and procedures because External SQL procs or Funcs had problems with
mirrorring between two AS/400. We had to recreate the external procs on
the mirror manually because they would be created automatically. Since
we are using mirror systems for high availability, this was quite a
problem.

So we switched to Full SQL Procs and Funcs. This way they are
automatically replicated on our mirror systems.

I thought you'd like to hear this one...

But to answer your question, how we did it is we have some "blackbox"
programs coded in RPG that we use to retreive values from the database.
We simply created Stored functions that calls those programs and return
the value returned from the program called. It is pretty much like a CL
used as a front to an RPG program but to make the RPG program available
to ODBC, ADO or JDBC connections.
HTH

Pascal Bellerose
pascal_bellerose@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cascades Canada inc.
Analyst-Programmer-Helpdesk
Telephone: 819-363-6114 (2114)
Fax: 819-363-6155 (6155)
Do you really need to print this e-mail? Change your environmentality!

Le 10 Octobre, 2007 à 18:35, "Richard Schoen"